Thank you for your interest in applying for the 2018 NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles (ANHE). The 2018 program will be held at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort in Florida, November 25-28th, and will include a Jazz Ensemble, Mixed Choir, Symphony Orchestra, Concert Band, and Guitar Ensemble.
The cost to participate in the 2018 NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles is $850.00 per student. This fee includes housing (2 per room for all students), meals, and bus transportation to and from the Orlando airport (MCO). In addition to the $850.00 fee, the student is responsible for their own airfare to and from MCO.
Requirements to Audition
- Be in grades 9, 10 or 11 during the 2017-2018 school year.
- Attend school in one of the fifty states of the United States, the District of Columbia, or a Department of Defense School.
- Be a member of his or her school’s choral, string, guitar, or instrumental ensemble during the 2018-2019 school year corresponding with the ensemble for which application is made.
- Ensemble director must be a current member of NAfME.
- Be accepted to their state’s 2017-2018 All-State Festival.
- In the case of guitar, many states do not have an All-State Guitar Ensemble. Students who participate in their school’s guitar ensemble program are permitted to apply.
- If there isn’t an All-State Festival held during the 2017-2018 academic year, the 2016-2017 Division Festival will be acceptable (Northwest Division).
- If your state Music Education Association (MEA) does not sponsor the All-State Festival, the state MEA will determine which students are eligible to receive an invitation to apply.
- The final determination of eligibility for the All-National Honor Ensembles (ANHE) program is made by the student’s state Music Education Association (MEA). Please reach out to your state MEA with eligibility questions.
- Some states may require that students are both selected AND perform in their All-State. Students must follow the directive of their individual state MEA with regard to participation.
- Students who fail to comply with their individual state requirements will not be eligible to participate in the NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles program.
- You are required to upload an unedited and unaccompanied video performing the REQUIRED REPERTOIRE for your instrument or voice part.
- Woodwind, Brass, and Percussion are automatically considered for both Concert Band and Symphony Orchestra.
- Please note, there is an option for Concert Band, Symphony Orchestra, Jazz Ensemble, and Mixed Choir students to upload an additional 2-minute video. This may be a piece of your choosing and may be accompanied or unaccompanied. You could use this opportunity to demonstrate proficiency on an auxiliary instrument. This second video is not required.
- This must be a VIDEO audition.