The 2017 All-National Honor Ensembles will be held at Walt Disney World's Coronado Springs Resort in Florida, November 26-29th. This exciting new chapter for the All-National Honor Ensembles will allow students the opportunity to interact with and learn from nationally-recognized conductors, while also experiencing the magic of the Walt Disney World Resort.
The cost to participate in the 2017 NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles is $850.00 per student. This fee includes housing (2 per room for all students), meals, music, and transportation via Disney's Magical Express to and from the Orlando International airport (MCO). Students are responsible for providing their own airfare/travel to Orlando.
Applications are due May 12, 2017.
Requirements to Audition
- Be in grades 9, 10 or 11 during the 2016-2017 school year.
- Attend school in one of the fifty states of the United States, the District of Columbia, or a Department of Defense School.
- Students must be accepted to their state’s 2016-2017 All-State Festival.
- If there isn’t an All-State festival held during the 2016-2017 academic year the 2016-2017 Division Festival will be acceptable (Northwest Division).
- If your state MEA does not sponsor the All-State Festival, the state MEA will determine which students are eligible to receive an invitation to apply.
- Be a member of his or her school’s choral, string, or instrumental ensemble during the 2017-2018 school year corresponding with the ensemble for which application is made.
- Ensemble director must be a current member of NAfME.
- The final determination of eligibility for the All-National Honor Ensembles program is made by the student’s state music education association (MEA).
- Some states may require that students are both selected AND perform in their All-State. Students must follow the directive of their individual state MEA with regard to participation.
- Students who fail to comply with their individual state requirements will not be eligible to participate in the NAfME All-National Honor Ensembles program.
Wind and Brass Instruments are automatically considered for both Concert Band and Symphony Orchestra.
There is the option of uploading an additional 2 minute video. This may be a piece of your choosing and may be accompanied or unaccompanied. You could use this opportunity to demonstrate proficiency on an auxiliary instrument. The second video is not required.
This must be a VIDEO audition.